Peter Elebash, a father of three, is a retired real estate professional who authored the book “The Last Resort”. The book tells his own life story – a retelling of his journey to success.
Birth Place: Atlanta, GA
Genre: Biography & Autobiography, General.
No. of Books Written 1
- Three children, LeGrand age 51, Palmer age 47, Will age 36- 5 grandchildren, the youngest is Maverick, Will’s son, almost 2 years old.
- Retired from a very interesting career in real estate, representing elegant residential/resort properties, a timberland company in Virginia, and a landmark office building in Greenwich, CT, 30,000 square feet for $22 million, then the highest per square foot price ever for a commercial building in Fairfield County, CT.
- One and only book, “The Last Resort”, my life story from sleepy southern towns, to a high powered prep school and on to Yale where I paid my way through college playing Dixie trumpet in my band, The Yale Bullpups.
- Graduated from Yale in 1959, and reported to Fort Benning, GA to begin my military career, 1960-1967. Clocked in over 50 parachute jumps, mostly at night from only 800 feet, on maneuvers with the 20th Special Forces Group, as Captain/leader of a 12 man “A” team.
- Keen on many sports- golf, tennis, fox hunting, polo, upland game shooting. Now at 81, I am relegated to playing backgammon which does not require any athletic ability, just steady nerves and clever strategies. Also a voracious reader, mostly bios of American leaders. And, the Bible daily.
- Live on the intercostal waterway in West Palm Beach, and spend the summer months in Newport, RI to escape the tropical heat in Florida.
- Have been mightily blessed by God, and now try to help others who are less fortunate than I. Also mentoring small group of male students at Palm Beach Atlantic University, located just a few blocks from our home in Trump Plaza, the tallest residential building in West Palm Beach.